Mental Health Keynotes
As author of Ben Behind His Voices: One Family’s Journey from the Chaos of Schizophrenia to Hope, Randye presents to audiences of families, psychologists, clergy, non-profits, and anyone who provides services for those with mental illness.
Click for recent and upcoming presentations and comments.
- Look Up From Your Paperwork: 7 Ways to Engage Family Members for More Successful Mental Health Outcomes – 4 hour workshop for professionals, can be CEU (recently presented Ministry Health, WI)
- SEARCH: What Families Need when Mental Illness Strikes (SEARCH stands for Support, Education, Acceptance, Resilience, Communication Skills, and Hope/ Humor) – recently presented at Sacred Heart University (nursing students), NAMI NYS, PPAL in Massachusetts, US Psych congress)
- Engaging Family Members in Recovery Partnership: Top Ten Steps (recent presentations include National Council Conference , Bridgeport Hospital Grand Rounds )
- From Stigma to Stability: Changing Minds About Mental Illness (recently presented to Westport Rotary Club, University of Wisconsin, and Mount Union College in Ohio)
- Author/Bookreading Events – Randye (also narrator of the award-winning audiobook of Ben Behind His Voices) speaks at libraries, bookstores, parenting events and via phone or Skype to book clubs of ten or more as schedule permits.
- Mental Illness and Your Congregation: How You Can Help the Silently Suffering Families – Rabbis, Pastors, and other faith leaders: one in four families is dealing with a major mental illness and they may feel afraid or ashamed to reach out. How you can help them.
- Therapeutic Alliance for Mental Health Recovery: The value of Open Communication between Healthcare Providers, Families/Caregivers, and Patients/Consumers (recently at APNA, APA)
- Bouncing Back Bolder: How Resilience Adds to Happiness
- The Power of Purpose: How Employment Strengthens the Recovery Process in Mental Health (Kennedy Center Inc., May 2012)
- Let’s Talk About It: How Telling Your Story Can Make an Impact and Help Create Change (next presentation, NAMI Conference 2012)
- Look Up from the Paperwork: Seven Ways Mental Healthcare Professionals can make a Personal Difference (recently presented to Mental Health Nursing Students at Fairfield University)
For Media appearances and interview clips, please visit the Press Room.
To contact Randye for availability, please visit our Contact Page.
Randye is often in demand as a keynote speaker, including recent appearances for: APNA, APA, National Council Mental Health and Addiction; Arizona State; NAMI, several states and National; Fellowship Place in New Haven, Bridgeport Regional Business Council/Women’s Leadership Council; Fairfield University ; NAMI Walks Kickoff Luncheon; Workshop Leader at the “Passion in Action” Women’s Conference on the Shoreline, and Keystone House Silent Auction in Norwalk.
0 thoughts on “Speaking of…Topics”